Re: How to configure a gateway?

Actually, I'm here (didn't know Beartooth was going to post to this
list).

Let me be more specific about what I need:  I need an email->usenet
gateway.... not Internet Connection sharing.

I am the moderator for a Usenet group that has a Listserv
(www.lsoft.com) list mirror.
We have had another site acting as the 'gateway' for us, but they appear
to have suddenly quit working.   I have a box running Fedora (fc1), so I
can I try to set this up on my own.

What happens:
The particular newsgroup is moderated, set such that the "post
submission
    address" is the Listserv list.
The Listserv list is set to Send= Editor.
The newsserver gateway is a subscribed to the Listserv list.

When a post comes in (from either the email subscribers or a Usenet
reader - it doesn't matter), it is first sent to the Editor to approve.

Assuming the post is acceptable, the Editor sends it back to the List
(using the equivelant of a pine/elm "bounce"), which then sends it to
all of the email subscribers (remember, one of which is not a real
person, but rather the gateway server).
   * Listserv automatically adds the Newsgroups: tag to the header.
     This is a feature Listserv has already...

When the gateway server receives it, it posts the message to the group
specificed in the header, adding the required Approved:.

Walla - the post is gatewayed to Usenet.

Fwiw, I have looked at mail2news (and have it installed).  What I am not
sure of is how to get INN running on my Fedora box.  I am also not sure
how to get my upstream news feed will accept posts from my box.

--

Chris Barnes                                 AOL IM: CNBarnes