Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird

I use Firefox and Thunderbird for internet and e-mail for both windows and linux, but in linux I am not sure how to set them as default applications. In Thunderbird, when an e-mail has a link in it, the mozilla browser is opened rather than firefox when I click on the link. In Firefox, mailto: links open Ximian Evolution and asks me to setup an account every time. How do I set Thunderbird and firefox as the default mail $ browser applications?