Re: /dev/pilot does not exist

fedora wrote:
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 "William M. Quarles"
Re: /dev/pilot does not exist

On a tangent, you can upgrade your operating system on your
Palm cheaply.  This is one site that I found:
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113679

I like PalmOS 4.1 a LOT better than 3.5.

Try searching for this in Google:
Palm OS 4.1 -site:palm.com -site:palmone.com -site:palmos.com -site:palmsource.com

<snip>

I checked Palm OS 4.1 at PalmOne, and had to e-mail Palm for download instructions that "may take up to an hour" -that was yesterday! Perhaps because I have not registered ? I'll try them again, and if no response, buy the upgrade for 3 quid!

As I recall, that download only works on the m50x models. But if it works for you, let me know.

As for one hour being long past, I often get into that pickle, and the reason is usually that the message got caught by an overly proctective spam filter on one of my e-mail accounts, and I need to go sifting through my Junk-Mail folder to find the missing message.

Peace,
William