Re: Still Need Help

wrgraves2 wrote:

Hello People,
At first I was thinking that my ignorance of Fedora Core 2 simply prevented me from getting my Epson Stylus C62 printer to work. I have 'upgraded' my computer that was running Red Hat 7.3 The printer worked with RH 7.3 but is very unstable with FC-2. I've gone to the websites suggested, followed the help menus on the system-config-printer dialog box and even got the Fedora Linux 2 book for Dummies. Two days ago, on booting, Kudzu ask me if I wanted to configure my printer, which it correctly identified. I said configure and then set up the printer with system-config-printer as root. Much to my amazement the printer was recognised when rescaned and the whole system worked. So I said to apply the changes and thought I had solved this problem. But, on rebooting the computer the next time, kudzu comes up and tells me that the Epson has been removed. Why? I have tried in with no success to replicate the one time when this worked. Since I need the printer for my business this is more that just annoying. Bill Graves

If it told you that Epson had been removed, and then again that (another) Epson had been added, then it's natural. This is what happened when i moved a USB mouse to PS/2, for me. But if it did - w/o the +, then that' a problem.
Overall, looks like peripherals will be the greatest challenge for non-commercial desktops.

My 2 cents,
<rsa/>