FC2 Package Manager help

	I seem to have gotten myself into a mess!

	I was trying to find a package I needed, but could only find a
tarball.  Now Ive used them before, though not many times, and found
that when I tried to install, that I had not built FC2 with any of the
development RPMs. While attempting to install , my CD hiccuped and the
process aborted.

	Now apparently I did not get all of the files I need as all attempts to
compile are met with massive errors.  I attempted to uninstall the
development files, but package manager says that 2 packages are not
present on my system.  I checked, they are installed, and even
re-installed just to be sure.  I have re-built the database but package
manager insists that the files are missing.

	Meanwhile I loaded up APT, and it tells me that their are 7 broken
packages (mostly Java development stuff) It wants to remove gcc, g77 and
a dozen other packages, which doesn't exactly feel like moving  forward.

	I think the simplest way to proceed would be to convince package
manager that the files are indeed present, so that I can uninstall the
lot then try to install all needed packages. Any ideas?

Scott