Re: Fedora Core 2 Update: ppp-2.4.2-3.FC2.1

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:06:57 +0200, Thomas Woerner <twoerner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Subject: Fedora Core 2 Update: ppp-2.4.2-3.FC2.1

FYI

yum update

is giving me a conflict between pppd and initscripts when trying to
install the ppp update

-jef

I have th exact same conflict with ppp and initscripts bumping heads. also a problem with xine-lib not installing.
initscripts-7.53-1 - installed
ppp-2.4.2-2 - installed

Being this was an update on a regular repo, it alarmed me. Running clamav (nothing found) and checkrootkit (11 hidden ps processes, possible LKM trojan) didn't add to the comfort level.

Checking `lkm'... You have    11 process hidden for readdir command
You have    11 process hidden for ps command
Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed
chkrootkit-0.43-2.1.fc2.dag was just installed and run.

Jim

-- Your best consolation is the hope that the things you failed to get weren't really worth having.