iptables and static routing..

1 - I have made three rules for the INPUT chain of the filter table using iptables command. But when I do iptables –L, it takes some time to list the first and second rule for the network. Can some one please tell why is that so? It even takes time to login to the system because of this. Does that mean that there is some thing wrong with the firewall rules I set? Note that if I turn the interface to the network down, the problem is solved.

2 – When I do ifup eth1 or reboot that system, it brings up my interface but also sets unwanted/undesirable routing paths in the routing table. I have to manually delete them and then set the appropriate routing tables manually.

How can I stop the system from setting the routing information automatically (while the system is booting or I am manually bringing up the interfaces after boot). I know that I can use the /etc/sysconfig/static-route file for static routes, but the system should not set the default routes in the first place. Because of this default feature, I have to first delete a route and then add some routes.

Regards,

Nabil A. Malik

Information Technology Department

Kuwait Turkish Evkaf Finance House (KTEFH)

Tel : 0090 (212) 354 1182

Email : nabilm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DISCLAIMER:
Bu elektronik posta ve ekleri, sadece yukarida ismi yazili alicinin dikkatine gonderilmistir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz, icerigini ve varsa ekindeki dosyalari kimseye aktarmayiniz ya da kopyalamayiniz. Boyle bir durumda gondereni uyarip, mesaji imha ediniz. KUVEYT TURK E.F.K. A.S bu e-postanin ve eklerinin icerdigi bilgilerin size degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun ve gizliliginin korunamamasindan veya icerigine guvenilerek yapilacak islemlerden dolayi sorumlu tutulamaz.
This e-mail & its content have been sent to the attention of the receiver named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), Please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Kuwait Turkish Evkaf Finance House shall not be held liable for the arrival of this e-mail & its content as modified or late, the protection of integrity and secrecy and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.