lock up at log in

I have caused a problem with my Fedora Core 2 installation.  I was trying to add a small fat32 partition to my hard drive.  Instead of taking the space from my existing fat32 partition or my NTFS partition, Partition Commender decided to take the space out of the swap partition.  And unfortunately, the back stepping feature so proudly proclaimed on the partition commander box decided not to remember how to undo this.  I managed to undo it manually, but now whenever I try to boot into Linux, my computer locks up after I try to log in.  I tried deleting the line that mounts the swap space from the fstab file.  Other than that, I have no idea what to try.  I tried booting into the linux rescue mode, but didn’t really know what to do once I logged in.

How do I go about trouble shooting and fixing this problem?

Ryan