Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 5, Issue 104

Michael Sullivan wrote:

session and then I say, "service httpd start; exit". Are you saying
that I don't have to have Apache stopped while I'm logged in as root, or

Yes

are you saying I shouldn't stay logged in as root after I issue "service
httpd start"?

No

I suggest you read up on some of the guides available at the LDP. It sounds like you either misunderstood your friend, or he/she doesn't understand enough of the unix user concepts. After reading the guide(s) you can show them the err in their ways. ;)

http://www.tldp.org/guides.html