Re: mail folders

ecowper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi folks,

I've been around UNIX for a long time, mostly Solaris, but also Linux.
However, it's all in a server/data center environment, never done the
desktop *nix thing. So, after my wife's latest very nasty Windows
malware experience, I moved her PC to Fedora Core 2. That went very
well, with one major exception.

I need to move her mail folders from Mozilla on Windows to Mozilla on
FC2. Anyone done this or have any advice?

Well although am using Fedora Core 1 and not 2 , i have been using the
various versions of Mozilla since 1.4 . The folder format that the
Windows version of Mozilla uses is the very same one as the Linux
version of Mozilla . So a simple copy will do the work .
But , please be carefull where you put things , so you will not accidentally delete the current email .
Try this .
Go to the Fedora Core 2 box and launch Mozilla . Create a
fake account , for example WindowsMail .
Then simmply overwrite those files and you are done .

Kind Regards,
 Kostas

Eric