Re: Newbie FTP question

Shadow wrote:

Hi all.......been working with linux (Fedora Core 2) for about 3 weeks now. It has been interesting! I fought and scratched for each accomplishmenttBut I got a problem that is nagging me. I did buy two reference books -- Fedora Core 2 Unleashed and Sams "Learn Fedora Core 2 in 24 Hours". and am on my way to get one on GNOME... I have gotten the core installed....got samba working....all the windows machines can see the linux box and I have the drives mapped. Got Apache/MySQL/PHP installed and I created a PHP page with dreamweaver for PHPinfo and it displays....so now I am working on the FTP server. I can't access it tho'. The error says that the directory can't be accessed....so I have been looking around....what directory? I never configured one! So where do I find where the FTP root is? None of my books state that and I looked thru files that I am a reasonable shade of blue and STILL can't figure it out.
Can anyone help?
Shadow

Ftp root should be located under /var/ftp some people prefer /home/ftp. Hope this helps you out.

:)
Ron