Re: mail folders

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, ecowper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been around UNIX for a long time, mostly Solaris, but also Linux.
However, it's all in a server/data center environment, never done the
desktop *nix thing. So, after my wife's latest very nasty Windows
malware experience, I moved her PC to Fedora Core 2. That went very
well, with one major exception.

I need to move her mail folders from Mozilla on Windows to Mozilla on
FC2. Anyone done this or have any advice?

Simple copy doesn't work? (with perhaps dos2unix)

My recommendation for such transactions is to always use an IMAP
server as in intermediate step.

- copy local mail/folders on to the imap server [on the old machine/email-client]
- copy mail/folders from the imap server to the local machine [on the new machine/email-client]

Satish