Re: /proc/acpi/sleep

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Globe Trotter wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to find out how /proc/acpi/sleep works and what needs to be fed in.
For instance, Satish wrote in a previous e-mail that

$ echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

should make my notebook go to sleep. Well, it does, but it does not wake up:
indeed, it has to be resuscitated, and even repaired using the rescue disk at
reboot.

I am wondering if there are other options available and what which does. Can
someone please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks and best wishes!

Well - if APM works - use it instead of ACPI. Thats what I do for a Thinkpad T40.

Satish