Re: Xine on FC1

> I think I am over looking something obvious here, but has anyone else
> had trouble installing Xine on FC1? I downloaded the package from
> sourceforge.net. Then configured, compiled and installed it. I made the
> change to /etc/ld.so.conf by adding the line usr/local/lib, but when I
> try to configure gxine or xineui, it tells me that I need to install
> Xine first.
>
> Any ideas to get me pointed in the right direction?
>

> Thanks
>
> -Mike

Yep, pretty obvious... It's all over the FAQ and in the documentation.

http://www.xinehq.de/index.php/faq#AEN66
If you have installed xine-lib to a non-standard prefix, make sure that
you have $prefix/bin in your PATH and that your linker finds libs in
$prefix/lib - otherwise trying to build modules that rely on xine-lib will
fail with configure complaining about not finding certain parts of
libxine. Using bash you can do something like:

export PATH="$prefix/bin:$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$prefix/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

to make sure libxine can be found by the frontend(s).