Re: resolving my nighmare

Jonathan Ng wrote:

fdisk /mbr

which is the last resort as I'm not familiar with
fdisk at all. Will it damage my other partitions? I've
still got some valuable data on the other partitions.

The /mbr switch tells fdisk to just write a generic boot loader into the master boot record; it doesn't touch the partition table or partitions at all.

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)