Re: Advantages of SRPM over RPM

--On Tuesday, July 06, 2004 12:47 AM -0700 "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I do optimize my kernel - but I keep a generic kernel in grub as well.

An optimized glibc would be the only other thing I'd normally consider, since most programs will spend most of their time there. But your point about bring up on a potentially incompatible CPU bears consideration. If you might swap CPU families, stay with the generic.