Trouble Mounting Samba Shares with FC2

Some co-workers and I are running FC2 client machines on a network that has both Windows and Linux servers. We're trying to mount a samba share on a Linux box. The Linux server is FC1 with samba 3.0.4.

With FC1 on our client machines, we were able to use something like this in fstab:
//server/sharename /mnt/smbshare smbfs defaults,user,noauto,rw,workgroup=MYWORKGROUP 0 0

Now, though, that seems to cause a freeze/hang when trying to access the mounted dir.

As for the Windows machines, we are unable to mount them with that method, and we can't access them via smb://servername/ in Nautilus either (a permissions error msg is shown).

We are able to mount the windows machines with CIFS though.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anything obvious we are missing? Is there any additional information I should provide?

Thanks,
Steven Garrity