Installing Firefox browser

This is a real novice question and I need help on it.

I've tried to install the Firefox browser in FC2, I've
been using it on that other OS and find it very
satisfactory.  Here are the steps I've taken as ROOT:

-Created a directory called /usr/local/firefox
-Moved Firefox.tar.gz to that directory
-Entered this statement: tar -xzvf
firefox-0.9.1-i686-linux-gth2-xft-installer.tar.gz
-It unpacked into that directory, from there I can't
get anything to work, I typed in 'firefox' and got
this:
     /usr/bin/firefox: line 55: ./firefox-bin: No such
       file or directory.
  I can't even change to the directory
/usb/bin/firefox, states there is no directory of that
name even though it is there.

How do you install something like this in Fedora ...
how do you really install Firefox?

Thank you
Edward McSheehy
"Mac"