Re: Install FC2 on i586?

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> Well, the text-based install worked like a charm.  (Almost--the system
> lives on /dev/sda, but GRUB is in /dev/hda's boot record.  For some
> reason, grub fails to find the /boot partition on /dev/sda1.  But I've
> fixed that before--just have to remember how.)

(1) The BIOS was not properly seeing the /dev/hda drive, so grub was
confused about which drive had /boot.

(2) If /boot is not on the same drive as grub, then grub must be installed
from the grub shell using the install command, so that the location of the
config file can be hard-coded into the stage 2 loader.

It's working now.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences