Re: Linux audio player

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 11:06, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 04 July 2004 09:17, Mike wrote:
> >Good evening everyone,
> >

> >I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good audio player for
> > Linux. I am currently running Fedora Core 1. I looked at XMMS,
> > which is really nice, but it lacks a good library management
> > system. I don't know if anyone has used WinAmp 5 for windows yet,
> > but I really like the library management system it has, and would
> > like to use something on my Linux box like that.
> >

> >-Mike
>
> Methinks you malaign xmms without looking at its menus at all.  Its
> selection of inout/output libraries is pretty good, but due to mp3
> lisenceing concerns, you may have to go find the mp3 player stuff and
> install it seperately from the xmms install.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.
> Soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
> Please use in that order, starting now.  -Ed Howdershelt, Author
> Additions to this message made by Gene Heskett are Copyright 2004,
> Maurice E. Heskett, all rights reserved.

Gene,

I looked through all the menus, and I cannot find anything to manage my
MP3's. I may be missing something. I have over 5000 mp3's, and would
like some way to manage them. Sometimes I'm only in the mood for a
certain type of music. Winamp has a library window as well as a playlist
window. You can use the library windows to search your entire library on
different variables such as Song title, artist or genre. Then you can
drag and drop them into your play list and listen to them. You can save
the play list for future use. You can also use the library window to
burn to CD, but thats something I don't really need.

Is this the same type of Library management you say that XMMS has? What
menu is it on? Because I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for you help,

-Mike