Re: yum dead in water, only evidence of server is ping response

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

Find attached my yum.conf for an FC1 system. Is there something wrong with it? I've not managed to get any response out of the server for [updates-released] in about 4, maybe 5 days now.

[...]

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

Bingo! The problem is with the yum.conf trying to hit the redhat server which is overloaded. Try using the sample yum.conf available at this url:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/fc1/samples/yum.conf

You'll see a big improvement!

Hope this helps,
Clint