Re: R_386_PC32 ? (warning - 35K length email)

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 08:47, xyzzy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> See attached for complete error output from rpm build of the latest kernel.
>
> There are quite a few unresolved references to R_386_PC32.  Are these
> "ignorable"?  The rpm build continues and finishes without error, but I am
> very hesitant to install the resultant kernel rpms that were built.
>
> I can't find this symbol anywhere in the code except in "elf.h" and "module.c"
> as a defined constant, but NOT a linker symbol.

Uhh, we could use a wee bit more info...
(1) What's your name? Not even Vanna White would take a stab at xyzzy.
;-P
(2) By "latest kernel" do you mean for FC1 or FC2? This list serves
both.
(3) Are you trying an rpm build from a generic tarball or from a Fedora
RPM? Which one?
(4) What gcc version are you using?

--Doc
Robert G. (Doc) Savage, BSE(EE), CISSP, RHCE | Fairview Heights, IL
Fedora Core 1 kernel 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl on P-III/M IBM Thinkpad A22p
"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
                         -- Admiral of the Fleet Sergei G. Gorshkov