FC2 - PCM setting never being restored.

Greetings.

  Upgraded RHL9 to FC2.  One thing that bothers me is that the PCM setting of
the mixer is always at zero after a reboot.  The volume control is restored
corectly, but not the PCM value.

  I noticed that /etc/init.d/halt runs 'alsactl store'.  It works, because
when I run manually 'alsactl restore', PCM value is returned where I left it off.

  But nowhere do I find a 'alsactl restore' under /etc/init.d/*.  Off course,
I could add a script, but that is not the point.  I want to know how FC2 is
officially supposed to call 'alsactl restore'.

  I defined the following in my /etc/modprobe.conf:

-->
alias sound-slot-0 snd_emu10k1
alias sound-slot-1 off

install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe sound-slot-0; /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
install sound-slot-* /sbin/modprobe snd-card-${MODPROBE_MODULE##sound[_-]slot[_-]}
<--

  The last line was already there and I am not sure what it does.  'alsactl
restore' does not seam to work here.

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source: