Re: New nVidia vs FC2 and rivafb (CON'T)

Oh yes, edited xorg.conf just as noted. Even used advanced options
HWCursor "off" and SWCursor "on" as well as others to get rid of the
garbage pointer. Got rid of the garbage pointer, but then the pointer
was only visible when it hanged on the outside edge of an open window.
Ever try using a GUI with an invisible pointer?

Figure this has got to be a rivafb conflict issue. modprobe -r rivafb
has done nothing for me. The generic Driver "nv" would be fine, but I am
building this four processor workstation (from parts I have about the
house) so that I can do some 3D work with Blender. Having the ability to
use the 3D in the nVidia cards is a necessity.

Since I also have two iMacs with OS X, I have download ISO images of
FreeBSD. May have to try that instead of Linux.

--
Thanks for your support,

GregS <><
gswallow@xxxxxxxxxx