New nvidia drivers

I am having problems getting the 1.0-6106 drivers working in my machine. I am using Fedora Core 2 and had no prob with the 2.6.5.x kernel that came with the distro. I am not able to get the driver running on the 2.6.6-1.435 or the 2.6.6-1.435.2.1 kernels (Getting a blank screen). It tells me that the driver cant find the right kernel module and will build one for me. I choose yes, it does this and comes back saying installed but conflicts with rivafb module driver. I than tried re complilling the kernel in exact same configuration but leaving out the rivafb module. installer still has to make a nvidia kernel module, but did not get the error about conflicting drivers. I thought this wold do it...reboot and just boots to a blank screen. awwwwww..... any suggestions??

Enjoy 25MB of inbox storage and 10MB per file attachment With MSN Premium Get 2 Months FREE*