Re: problem

Ulrich Drepper wrote:
Alexander Apprich wrote:

Unable to load native library:
/opt/f-secure/fspmc/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so:symbol __libc_wait, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Can enyone tell me what could i do??

That comes from the NPTL (Native Posix Threating Library). What could help is a

   LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
   export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

No, that's wrong.  The problem is that Sun used an internal symbol of
the C library which isn't available anymore (for quite some time, in
fact).  Work around this by downloading and compiling

  ftp://people.redhat.com/drepper/libcwait.c

with

  gcc -shared -fpic -o libcwait.so libcwait.c

and then use

  LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/libcwait.so the-program args...

to start the program.

A search in the mailing list archive or in google certainly would have
told you this.

Ulrich,

indeed I did a search on google for the error message (not for the
libc_wait) and it only showed me what I answered. Even one of the
first hits was pointing to redhat wich said allmost the same ;-)

Just wanted to help ...

Sorry

Alex