Re: slow DNS lookups in Fedora Core 2

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> Has anyone figured out why this is necessary? I don't have
> "NETWORKING_IPV6=yes" in /etc/sysconfig/network, yet I see an IPv6
> address configured on my NIC's. What's allowing that to happen?

That's the link-local address which gets assigned to interfaces
automatically when the ipv6 module is loaded.

You have to prevent loading the ipv6 module in order to avoid getting
ipv6 addresses assigned.  Use a line like

  alias ipv6 off

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â