Cicso wireless problem after kernel update

I have a problem with my laptop since I updated my fc2 kernel. With kernel 2.6.5.1.358, my Cisco 340 pcmcia card worked perfectly with almost no manual config. The other day, I ran up2date, and it put my kernel to 2.6.5.1.435, and ever since then, if I boot up (card NOT set to auto load) then insert the airo340, it just sits there and blinks.

At this point basically, my laptop is DEAD. No programs will run, I can't even get a terminal window to load, the mouse works, and I can even use existing terminal, but no new ones?! At this point, XINETD appears to be DEAD, and when I try to shutdown (init 0 or shutdown -h now), the laptop gets to STOPPING XINETD, and will just sit there for hours.

If I choose the older kernel in grub, the cisco card works perfectly again.

I tried lsmod (newer kernel), and immediately, aes, airo_cs, ds, and airo all load, and pcmcia_core shows that airo_cs is using it.

My laptop is a Compaq NX7000 [Centrino]. My brother has the same model laptop, and has duplicated the problem with his airo 350 card.

-Mickey

Proudly removed windows from my desktop 11/2002 and from my laptop 1/2004 -- Never been happier!