APT Repository for Fedora Extras?

I've gathered from this forum that apt, synaptic, and (I assume) a bunch of other good stuff, is available in the Fedora Extras collection. Is there an APT Repository containing Core 1 versions of these packages? I installed apt and synaptic from RPMs pulled from ayo.freshrpms.net. I added the lines for extras from the sample on the freshrpms site, to my sources.list file, but I get warning messages from both apt and synaptic suggesting that the "extras" repository isn't. (I don't have the text of the messages, as this is all happening on one of my home PCs, and at the moment I'm at work.)
Is there a repository I can use to keep apt and synaptic current, and to install other tools from the "extras" collection?
Cheers,
Gordon keehn