Re: Why... /etc/sysconfig/grub forcelba-[01]

On Thu, July 1, 2004 3:13 am, T. Nifty Hat Mitchell said:

> Why does /etc/sysconfig/grub contain the line:
>
>     forcelba=0
>
> The default of FC1 and FC2 is the same as far as I can tell.
>
> Just curious.

Hey Tom,

Been that way since before Fedora was born, since at least RH8 anyway.
It's used by the "grubby" command to decide how to configure the first
stage boot loader of grub.   It's only needed on machines that support
lba, with large disks in them, where the automatic detection of LBA mode
doesn't work.   This should be a small number of machines and you never
want to force it in any machine that can't support LBA so its best left
at zero as a default.

Cheers,
Sean