Re: linux apps that can record your desktop/ make a movie out of it

James Lawrence wrote:

Didier Casse wrote:

Hi all,
       Doesn anybody know any linux apps that can record things like
mouse movements and all the things you're doing on the desktop and can
output an mpeg clip out of it?

I want to record my desktop and show people all the cool apps I have at
the moment via an mpeg clip. i.e make a movie out of it. Thanks.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg

Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg

I know what your talking about. i have software like it for my windows install from http://www.qarbon.com/ viewletbuilder. as far as i know, nothing is availible for linux. you can use the gimp to aquire screen images of apps and open windows etc. if you want to see one i created, check out http://www.freewebs.com/jamesl/pages/viewlets.htm from the dropdown box, select one of the top 2 they make take awhile to load so be patient the server that hosts my site bitched at me, so i'm in the market for a hosting Co. that could load these flash movies faster. btw, you'll need flash to view them. the first movie is almost a meg
if you do find software resembling what i have, let me lnow just reply to my e-mail address

you might have to refresh your browser a few times as well