Gnome-keyboard-properties and gnome-background-properties from package control-center-2.6.1-3

Title: Gnome-keyboard-properties and gnome-background-properties from package control-center-2.6.1-3

When I log in as a normal user into fedora core 2, and adjust the keyboard delay and speed using the program gnome-keyboard-properties located in /usr/bin, it sets the gconf key value: /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/delay to a value type of float.  Other applications including gnome-background-properties expect a value type of integer.  Is there another version of gnome-keyboard properties out there that I should be using.  Should I submit this error to bugzilla and see what happens???  For some reason, root account seems to be unaffected, but then again, I am afraid to adjust the setttings in fear of the same thing happening to the root account.  Basically, everytime the keyboard delay settings is adjusted, the delay value is changed to type float.  When I log into gnome, i recieve the error message from gnome-background-properties:

 Type mismatch: Expected 'int' got 'float' for key /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/delay

Thanks,

Randall