Re: Permission to write Windows partition

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 07:37:11PM -0700, Scott Talbot wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 16:05, Mingzhai Sun wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> >  I mounted my windows partition as /mnt/d, and /mnt/e. But it seems only the
> > root user can write on these partitions. I want to give some
> > other users the permission to write, but I can not do that. Do you guys know
> > how to do that.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Mingzhai Sun
>
> 	In the /etc/fstab file ensure the keyword "users" is among the list in
> the 4th column.  This allows non root to mount the partition, and gives
> them ownership.
>
> Scott
The question is how to let users write to a mounted partition. users
is not the answer. I suspect the permissions on either the mount or
the permissions on the directory they are mounted on will give us the
answer.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University