RE: Kernel 2.6.7 and NVIDIA

Nope ... the nvidia driver has some problems with the AGP .... and the new kernel ... that's why ... Try putting in your config the Option "AGP" "0" or smtg like that ...

From: "Mike Clow" <m_clow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Kernel 2.6.7 and NVIDIA
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:34:54 -0300

I know this has prob been asked a thousand times before but....
I have recently downloaded the source for kernel 2.6.7 and recompiled with 8K stacks instead of 4. Nvidia Driver still freezes machine on boot. I am thinking I missed changing something in the kernel config. I ran make oldconfig to generate a .config file (based on kernel 2.6.6-1.435) in my linux-2.6.7 dir, than ran make xconfig changed my CPU to Athlon, made sure I was using 8K stacks and left the rest defaulted to my .config file......Booted new kernel, Installed the Nvidia Drivers, made changes to xorg.conf. System freezes on boot. Did I miss changing something in the kernel config?? Any suggestions??