Re: Setting up a mail server

At 10:37 AM 6/29/2004, Slade Hornick wrote:
I'm in need of setting up a mail server for just a couple of accounts. The email however is going to be huge for these accounts and I need something robust enough to handle at least 15000 emails per day. It will only be receiving not sending.

What hardware are you using? 15K messages shouldn't be *that* high a load.

I have installed Fedora Core 2 about 15 times with various packages and tried various things (different mail servers, sendmail, qmail, postfix, etc...) and each time I get to a dead-end.

Does anyone know of a How-To for a beginner to setup a simple machine for this task?

Which dead-end? What is your problem? Do you simply need to receive these emails, or do you also desire to scan and process them for spam and virii?

You're going to need to provide more information and detail, and we'll surely be able to help you.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com