Re: Asus P4C800 Deluxe and FC2

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 08:54, Manuel Stadelmann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I recently bought an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe mainboard and a Intel Pentium 4
> hyperthreading CPU.
>
> When I booted into the installer the kernel complained about an ever
> screaming interrupt request line (IRQ 11 if I get my memory right).
>
> Install went through, but VERY slow. Even on my Thinkpad install went
> faster.

Hmm, the ASUS problems seem to have no end...

Try booting the installer with either of the following options
(shamelessly stolen from http://www.fedorafaq.org/):

linux acpi=off

linux i8042.nomux

linux acpi=off apm=off

My Hardware, in case this helps:
> - Asus P4C800 Deluxe Mobo
> - Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
> - ATI Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card from HIS
> - Maxtor (parallel) ATA 133 on primary IDE-Controller (NO SATA!)
> - A LG DVD-Drive and a Plextor CD-RW burner (I don't remember exact models)
> - USB mouse and keyboard

Looks like a fairly standard (high-end) setup to me.
There are no PCI cards or anything other than the stuff you mention?

In any case, please file a bug in Bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/easy_enter_bug.cgi

Good luck,
--
Tarjei