NIS & DNS on FC2

Hi All

I've installed FC2 on a network with a DNS server & a NIS server.  When
I exclude NIS from the host entry in the nsswitch.conf, the web access
is 'quick', whereas when I add NIS the host resolution takes in at least
five minutes, often causing failures.  I've tried a variety of notfounds
and things allowing myself to get into a pickle.

Does anyone have a solution to using these two nameing services at the
same time, with the local files, of course.

Marc - New to Fedora Core