First Install of Fedora

We have several linux servers.   RH 7.2 and RH9

I also have RH9 on my laptop.

I jut d/l'ed and was getting reading to install FC2 and I got to the question
of new install or upgrade.

I thought I could not run the upgrade from the old RedHat distros to Fedora
but Fedora correctly identified my previous installation of RH9 and seemed to
give me the option of upgrading.

Can i do an upgrade and not lose my settings?

Thanks,

--

Michael Cortes
Fort LeBoeuf School District