Re: yum and automatic updates

jix@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi

I just need to know if yum can update automatically allwithout manual
intervention.

I would to have a cron job with a "yum update" like, who said "yes" when yum
ask "Is this ok [y/N]:"

Thx for your response and really sorry for my poor english

jix

Here is the approach I used to enable a nightly yum update:

1. Click on Redhat -> System Settings -> Server Settings -> Services
2. Give it your root pw
3. Scroll through the list for yum, putting a check mark in its place, and also clicking on Start. Save this.

HTH,
Clint