Input control in Audacity is missing

In fc2 I installed the Audacity, but the input controll is missing - the rectangular box for user to select Audio CD, Mic volume, Line-in, Stereo mix etc.
In same system when boot into XP, Audacity is in full function. would that be that case that my sound card is not being recognized by Audacity Linux version? ( In fc 2 I can play CD music, and mplayer is playing web radion as well ) , any one has some idea for remedy?