Re: Metamail in fedora?

Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:20:22 -0400, John Kodis
<kodis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do shell scripts in FC2 send mime mail messages anyway? Earlier,
using metasend was the best way out!

I just use mutt for this. This command line (all on one line) will generate a message with a message body of "Here's this month's report", attach the report as a mime attachment, and send the message to the report-list mailing list.

Mutt is good for sending plain text mails. For those occasions where
one needs to send HTML mime mails(e.g. reports, with charts), it is
inadequate. metasend allows you to send mime mails with any
content-type.

Can't you specify the content type for mutt to send out? At the very worst, you might have to create a custom .muttrc config file and reference that from the command line.

Not the easiest, but possible.

Did you check to see if metamail is in one of the repositories? I just did an apt-get search and it's not in the ones I use (dag, fedora.us & freshrpms).

Mike