Re: [Fedora] up2date

Robert Shepard wrote:
> I just installed fedora core 2 this weekend, and I was wondering:
> What are the differences between apt, yum, and up2date? I had been running
> Mandrake, and it seems that urpmi did all of the functions of these 3
> applications, although I may be mistaken about their usage.

I don't think there are a lot of differences.  apt and yum basically do the
same thing.  up2date uses yum to download and update the system.  I used yum
to update my system.  Here are some good articles about this stuff:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/view/8835
http://www.fedorafaq.org/
http://fedoraguide.org/fc2/fc2beginnersguide.html
http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Hardening_Fedora.html