Re: how to get Bittorrent to work

Per-Olof Litby - Reg'l Mgr Nordic/Baltic - Java System Software - Sun Microsystems wrote:
Greetings,

I've tried to get Bittorrent installed and working on my Core 2 system. I have bittorrent and bittorrent-gui installed, but when I click on a .torrent link in the browser it just asks for which application to use. Where should I tell the browser to go?

Anything else I need to do?

thanks,

You could probably try pointing to the app:

/usr/bin/btdownloadgui.py

I've never tried directly pointing to the app from Mozilla though. What I do is download the .torrent file and run

btdownloadgui.py filename.torrent

This starts up the download.

HTH
dex