Re: Fedora book

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 04:54:32PM -0400, - - s r b - - wrote:
> Michael Sullivan wrote:
> >Can anyone recommend to me a Fedora Core or otherwise applicable linux
> >book or book series that would explain from beginner to advanced level
> >how to work with server stuff like sendmail, mailman and such.  I find
> >the documentation to be very confusing and I have a short attention span
> >anyway.  I am disabled, so my network is the only thing I have to offer
> >as an improvement to the world around me, and I'm not even that good at
> >it.
> >
> >-Michael Sullivan-
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> I still rely on the excellent O'Reilly's "Linux in a Nutshell"... and
> although it has no "tutorials" or in-depth explanations of the Linux OS,
> it is an amazing reference book to have as you can look up just about
> any Linux command and find what it does and the proper syntax for
> getting the results you want.
>
> HTH!
Although "Linux in a Nutshell" is a great book reading their book on
Sendmail which is hugh just to get you sendmail working is overkill.
Also I am not not sure that their book are up to date at this point.
The other books suggested would be fine as long as you realize that
fedora is a fast moving target with changes appearing at a high rate.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.