Re: Setting up relaying in Sendmail

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 11:13, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 11:05, Mark Haney wrote:
> > I am trying to get sendmail setup to sendmail (obviously), but I can't get
> > it to send any mail, it says 'relaying denied'.  I was looking on the
> > sendmail website for FAQ's on this and all I got was a file named
> > relay-domains, but I can't find that file.  Is that a file that I can
> > manually create?  Or is there another way to specify what domains and IP
> > addresses can relay mail through it?
> >

> If you want other systems to be able to send email through your sever
> using sendmail then you need to configure the access file located in the
> /etc/mail directory.
>
> This will will contain a list of IPs or systems that look something
> like:
>
> localhost.localdomain		RELAY
> localhost			RELAY
> 127.0.0.1 			RELAY
> 192.168.1			RELAY
>

> I believe the first three lines in the example are the default.  The
> last line is an example of what you might add so machines on your
> internal LAN can relay email through the server.  This line can be
> specific for each machine or in this example it covers the entire
> subnet.
>
> Once you have made the changes you can do a make in the /etc/mail
> directory.  This will generate the access.db file from the access file.
> At this point you should restart sendmail and test.  (service sendmail
> restart).
>
> That should get you in business.

You will also need to modify the following section of sendmail.mc to
allow the server to listen on the local LAN if not already done.

dnl # The following causes sendmail to only listen on the IPv4 loopback
address
dnl # 127.0.0.1 and not on any other network devices. Remove the
loopback
dnl # address restriction to accept email from the internet or intranet.
dnl #
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
dnl #