Re: [OT] New worm attacks

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:31:45 -0400, Edward Croft <ecroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just trying to spread the word. There is a new worm that is attacking
IIS servers. It puts a piece of code on web pages and then infects PCs
that use Internet Explorer to access the web server. The infection loads
software on the users PC to steal keyclicks and send them to the writer.
There are three holes in IIS, two were patched in April. The last MS is
still working on. MS recommends users turn off javascript in Internet
Explorer.
The security experts are taking this one step further and advising users
to switch to Opera or Mozilla.
I know this is a Fedora group, but some of us manage these other high
risk machines. Just trying to spread the word to help minimize the
damage.
Thank you for your indulgence.

Okay, being the total skeptic I am, do you have any links to provide additional info on this? I've not heard anything concerning this one and would like additional resources to look at. Not that I think you are BS'ing, I mean it is IE and all, but I'd like more detail to give to my superiors.

-- Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Mark Haney
Network, Database and Systems Administration
DoctorDirectory.com Inc.