Re: Autoreboot after fsck

Andrea Carotti wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I have another question about the startup. I have enabled (TNX to
> Alexander) on the startup the possibility to run without prompt the fsck
> after an unclean shutdown. But sometimes I have a next message that I
> would to bypass:
> *** An error occurred during the file system check.
> *** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
> *** when you leave the shell.
> ...The system need maintainance...give the root password or press CTRL-D
> to reboot..
> So I must press CTRL-D in order to restart the system...
> There is the possibility to skip this step (CTRL-D) doing it
> automatically? Many thanks to all

But if you see this message, there is a serious problem! Rebooting isn't
likely to help as the same message will appear again.

Unfortunately I don't know of a clever script that will enter the root
password and so system maintenance for you automatically! But after an
unclean shutdown you shouldn't normally see this message anyway.

Jonathan