Re: nfs mounts fail at boot time

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 06:02:24AM -0700, Matt Wette wrote:
> Here is the relevant chunk of my fstab
> file.
>   wettefamily:/home/family /home/family  nfs   defaults     2 1
>
> I do not use "bg", I will try that.  Thanks.
> Also, automounter is not a bad idea, I may use that.

Another thing to try: add the hostname wettefamily and its ip number in
/etc/hosts, just to make sure that your system can find the nfs server
even if DNS is not yet fully active during that phase of the boot.
DNS should be working, but especially when using a dynamic ip address
there may be some delay (client requests and gets ip address, server
updates dynamic dns if that is enabled, and nfs server has to verify
that address, but may get an older cached version of the dns info).

David Jansen