Re: fortune and wanda the gnome fish

Clifford Snow wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 13:41, timjoseph@xxxxxxx wrote:

I'm new to the list.  I'll keep this as short as possible:

I'm trying to get wanda the gnome fish applet working in gnome on FC1. I know to point it to the fortune program (currently in my /usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver directory), but when I run fortune, I simply get my system info. No quotes. What gives? As I understand from the man page, if I just run fortune with no arguements, then it will display random quotes. Am I missing a file? I did a full install..

Run the following command rpm -qa|grep fortune

look for fortune-mod.  If it isn't installed use yum or apt-get to
install it.

Is fortune included now? I thought that it was dropped. I have fortune-mod-1.2.1-1 installed.

--
Be security conscious -- National defense is at stake.