esd sound problem solved

This is a report on esd alsa-audio not found message problems with FC2. After I upgraded from FC1 to FC2 I could not get x widows to start (gnome-session). I could not hear sound events when I rarely was able to startx. Esd would issue the alsa-audio not found message which seemed to cause gnome-session to stop. I issued a bug report to bugzilla. Someone else added a comment to the bug report saying he had the same problem. He did a fresh install of FC2 and his problems went away. So I did the same thing yesterday and lo and behold my problems went away. So there must be some problem with the anaconda for upgrades that caused the problem. Has anyone else had similar problems afetr upgrading instead of a fresh install?

Richard E Miles